Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Rella Beckstead and Walter LeFevre - Grandma Carol's Parents - Your Great Grandparents

This is how I remember Grandma and Grandpa LeFevre - in fact this is my personal picture of them that survived the fire.  It was taken at our kitchen table.  Just how I remember them.  Grandpa always had on a warm hat in the winter but he always wore his bib overalls.  Grandma looked the same as far back as I can remember up until the day she passed away.

Me and Grandpa LeFevre.  Loved that man!!!
This was taken at a wedding or something because I'm in a dress and he's not in bib overalls. :) 


What I know about Grandma which is quite a bit...  I spent a lot of time at her house growing up.  Grandma had favorites of her grandkids.  She always said she didn't but she did and me and Ryan were it.  While growing up there was never a volleyball game or basketball game that my grandparents didn't go to.  They drove all over the state to attend them all.  The entire trip they would argue about my grandpa's driving.  Funniest thing ever.  He was so laid back that nothing got him mad.  I truly never seen him mad.  He was bald as far back as I can remember.  When he was young a logging a tree fell on his head.  He drove himself home.  When grandma seen him at the door she didn't recognize him.  She said his head looked like a balloon with indents for eyes.  They ended up putting metal plates in his skull because it was so shattered.  He was fine after that.  Whenever we would ask for anything from Grandpa he would say "Well I suppose so"  never heard him say no.  When I was small and stayed at their house he would take me with him to change water.  He would lead me around on a horse so I didn't get dirty.  Grandma always worked.  She was a waitress at Cowan's cafe forever.  I wish I knew how many years.  But one day she blacked out while driving to Duchesne and decided to quit working so far away from home.  After that she started working at Max's Meat wrapping meat.  I went with her sometimes and they let me stamp the meat.  Funnest days ever.  I remember when I was little they would butcher a bunch of turkeys and chickens every year.  Thank goodness I was too little to help.  I remember them hanging the turkeys (I swear by their tongues) and chopping the chickens heads off of a hundred chickens and then they would pluck them all to put in the freezer.  Grandma and Grandpa were no strangers to hard work.  Grandpa LeFevre died of cancer and was buried on my 16th birthday.  That was the only time I ever seen my grandma cry.  I never wanted her to die but I'm truly glad they are back together because there was no Walter without Rella.


This is Grandma Rella's Obituary

RELLA LEFEVRE Rella June Beckstead LeFevre, our beloved mother, grand and great-grandmother, age 94, of Tabiona, passed away February 9, 2010, in Roosevelt. She was born June 9, 1915, in Talmage, to Henry Austin and Sarah Mabel Bowlden Beckstead. She was the sixth child of a family of seven. She married Walter LeFevre, April 5, 1934, in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. He died December 29, 1988. Rella was an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, holding many positions. She loved gardening and always had a beautiful yard. She had a wonderful talent for making handmade quilts, doilies, and afghans for each of her many grandchildren. She loved music and played in a dance band for many years and taught music lessons. She is survived by her children, Carol (Joe) Shields, Marilyn (Leo) Foy, Linette Peck, and son-in-law, Jerry Giles, 23 grandchildren, 84 great-grandchildren, and 40 great-great grandchildren with four on the way; brother-in-law, Douglas Carlile. She was preceded in death by her husband, Walter, daughter, Mabel Giles, and sons-in-law, Sharon J. Neilson and Stanley N Peck; 3 grandchildren, 8 great-grandchildren, her parents, and six brothers and sisters. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, February 13, 2010, at the Tabiona LDS Chapel with a viewing from 10:30 to 11:45 a.m. Burial will be in the Tabiona Cemetery. Special thanks to the nurses at the Sr. Villa for the great care they gave to our mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment