Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Allen Bob Lindsay - Your Grandpa Lindsay




There's so much that I can say about Bob. He tried to come across mean and tough but there was not a kinder gentler man to me that was completely devoted to his family.  He loved spending as much time with them as possible.  He was rough on his kids growing up it sounds like.  But I think that was how he was raised and that's the only way he knew how to do it.  He called me sweet pea from the moment I met him until he passed away.  He was probably the best father figure in my own life since my dad was a flake.  

He was a huge help when we built our first house.  I got to know him really well then.  He and I would work all day together on the house while dad was at work.  He would not use the nail gun only a hammer.  He worked so hard on our house and taught me so much.  Dad would come home from working all day and work on the house in the headlights of his truck trying to get it done.  

In the end, when Bob knew he was getting really sick and wouldn't last much longer he started asking his grandkids that were mission age about life after death.  I truly believe he has learned the teachings and is helping in the spirit world.

No comments:

Post a Comment